price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

price laptop and mobiles

rates mobiles computers and the latest news and laptop news mobiles

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nokia Names Kallasvuo as its New CEO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Nokia Names Kallasvuo as its New CEO Empty
PostSubject: Nokia Names Kallasvuo as its New CEO   Nokia Names Kallasvuo as its New CEO EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:37 am

The Board of Directors has appointed Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, 52, President and Chief Operating Officer effective October 1, 2005, and President and Chief Executive Officer from June 1, 2006. Mr. Kallasvuo joined Nokia in 1980 and currently heads the Mobile Phones business group. Prior to this he worked as the company's Chief Financial Officer.

The Corporate Governance and Nomination Committee of the Board of Directors will propose to the next annual general meeting that Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jorma Ollila, 54, continues after June 1, 2006 as Non-Executive Chairman. The Committee has received Mr. Ollila's confirmation that he is available for this position.

Nokia's current President, Pekka Ala-Pietila, will resign to pursue personal interests. He will take on the role of Executive Advisor as of October 1 and leave Nokia on February 1, 2006.

Paul Collins, Vice Chairman of the Nokia Board, says: "The Nokia Board has had in place a succession process in anticipation of Jorma Ollila's retirement with the objective of maintaining vitality, adapting to a rapidly evolving industry, and ensuring continuity. The Board is convinced that Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, with his strong industry credentials and over 20 years of experience at Nokia, will provide the required leadership for the Company in the future."

"Jorma Ollila, our CEO for over 13 years and Chairman for over 6 years, has built the modern Nokia that we know today. Therefore we are pleased that Mr. Ollila has agreed to remain as the Chairman of the Board. This will provide for an orderly transition while giving the Company access to his understanding of our business, our industry and its challenges and opportunities."

"The Board also expresses its sincere thanks to Pekka Ala-Pietila for his years of commitment, contribution, and leadership, as he has decided to leave Nokia and take on new challenges."

Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo says: "It is a privilege to be offered this position. Nokia is a dynamic company in a fast-changing and fluid environment. I look forward to working together with our team to help Nokia shape the future of mobile communications at a pivotal time for the industry. Together we will continue to create great products and solutions that will delight our customers."

Jorma Ollila says: "I strongly believe in renewal at all levels of the company. I have been in charge of operations at Nokia since 1992, and these have been exciting, unforgettable years. I remain strongly committed to Nokia and am keen to continue contributing to Nokia's strategy and renewal, helping it to build on its position as the undisputed leader in mobility."

Pekka Ala-Pietila says: "I have spent over two great decades at Nokia, during which the company and the industry have undergone seismic changes. It has been fascinating to work with such committed people and build a global leader, but I now feel that it is a time for a change. I leave a team that I know retains all the ingredients for future success."

Nokia is a world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia connects people to each other and the information that matters to them with easy-to-use and innovative products like mobile phones, devices and solutions for imaging, games, media and businesses. Nokia provides equipment, solutions and services for network operators and corporations.
Back to top Go down
https://sodfa.forumotion.com

Nokia Names Kallasvuo as its New CEO
Page 1 of 1