price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

price laptop and mobiles

rates mobiles computers and the latest news and laptop news mobiles

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nokia Launches Internet High-Speed Packet Access

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Nokia Launches Internet High-Speed Packet Access Empty
PostSubject: Nokia Launches Internet High-Speed Packet Access   Nokia Launches Internet High-Speed Packet Access EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

Today at CTIA Wireless 2005, Nokia launched the Nokia Internet High Speed Packet Access (I-HSPA) solution, a network innovation enabling higher performance and more cost-efficient broadband wireless access. Nokia I-HSPA, based on existing WCDMA, is specifically designed for high-volume packet data use cases and complements fully mobile 3G.

Nokia I-HSPA is a 3GPP standards based simplified network architecture innovation from Nokia, implemented by adding I-HSPA functionality to an existing Nokia WCDMA base station. The basic performance of Nokia I-HSPA will resemble that of the 'traditional' High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) solutions, namely High Speed Downlink & Uplink Packet Access. This means that the downlink bit rate can be 14.4 Mbps and the uplink 5.8 Mbps. Nokia I-HSPA is based on a standard HSPA radio interface.

"Nokia I-HSPA improves the cost efficiency and performance of wireless data and enables profitable new wide-area wireless offerings in data markets previously supported by only fixed solutions", said Giuseppe Donagemma, Vice President, Radio Networks, Nokia.

Also at CTIA Wireless, Nokia is demonstrating HSUPA (High Speed Uplink Packet Access), a UMTS / WCDMA uplink evolution technology currently being standardized in 3GPP, in addition to HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access). HSDPA and HSUPA offer high voice and data performance and will enable real mass-market mobile IP multimedia. HSUPA, which enhances the uplink speed of UMTS / WCDMA networks, is the next step after HSDPA. HSUPA will enhance advanced person-to-person data applications with higher and symmetric data rates, like mobile e-mail and real-time person-to-person gaming. Traditional business applications along with many consumer applications will benefit from enhanced uplink speed. The Nokia HSUPA solution will initially boost the UMTS / WCDMA uplink up to 1.4 Mbps and in later releases up to 5.8 Mbps.

Along with HSUPA and HSDPA, Nokia will demonstrate the latest in radio and next generation core technologies, including simultaneous video streaming over EDGE, UMTS / WCDMA and WiFi, video sharing, push to talk over WCDMA and voice instant messaging. All demonstrations will take place in Nokia's Mobile Demonstration Center outside the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.

Lastly, as announced by the Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA) last week, Nokia strongly supports developments in EDGE evolution. Nokia is actively conducting research and working for industry consensus. EDGE evolution will improve GSM / EDGE operators' business case considerably by optimizing existing GPRS / EDGE networks for lower services delivery costs, higher data revenues and enhanced HSPA / WCDMA service continuity. The first phase of the standardization is expected to be completed by 3GPP in 2006. The first commercial solutions, which will have an easy upgrade path from current networks, is expected to be available starting 2007. Recognized as the leading EDGE vendor, Nokia will begin to ship only combined GSM / EDGE capable GSM transceivers during the first half of 2005.
Back to top Go down
https://sodfa.forumotion.com

Nokia Launches Internet High-Speed Packet Access
Page 1 of 1