price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

price laptop and mobiles

rates mobiles computers and the latest news and laptop news mobiles

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola Empty
PostSubject: Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola   Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Sony Ericsson is selling half of its smartphone software unit UIQ to U.S. rival Motorola, Sony Ericsson's president, Miles Flint, told reporters in London on Monday.
Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola W700i51
The Swedish-Japanese handset maker acquired UIQ from British mobile software maker Symbian last year for an undisclosed sum, and would not comment on the price of the latest deal.

Motorola will acquire a 50% interest in UI Holdings BV, the parent company of UIQ Technology AB, which is currently wholly owned by Sony Ericsson. Under the agreement, Motorola and Sony Ericsson will work together and jointly invest in the development of the UIQ open user interface platform.

UIQ Technology licenses the UIQ open user interface and development platform to mobile phone vendors around the world.

Sony Ericsson and Motorola each have been UIQ licensees for many years and have launched several successful Symbian/UIQ based products including, the Sony Ericsson P1i smartphone, the new Sony Ericsson W960i Walkman phone and the Motorola RIZR Z8. UIQ, offered the industry's first touch-screen interface back in 2002, and now supports both QWERTY and classic numerical keyboard configurations as well as finger touch data input
Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola 219
Back to top Go down
https://sodfa.forumotion.com

Sony Ericsson Sells Half of UIQ to Motorola
Page 1 of 1