price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
price laptop and mobiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

price laptop and mobiles

rates mobiles computers and the latest news and laptop news mobiles

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Ericsson Says Android Phone Will Take Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Sony Ericsson Says Android Phone Will Take Time Empty
PostSubject: Sony Ericsson Says Android Phone Will Take Time   Sony Ericsson Says Android Phone Will Take Time EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:47 am

Struggling handset maker Sony Ericsson said it will take some time to develop a smartphone using Google's Android software.

While rivals are rushing out handsets using Internet search giant Google's Android operating system, hoping to benefit from consumer demand, Sony Ericsson said it will take time developing its own offering.

"It does require a lot of evaluation, as well as a lot of testing, a lot of acceptance from a consumer viewpoint, and there is still some time to go," said Chief Executive Hideki Komiyama. "Looking ahead I think that we see this as one of the important operating systems, there is no doubt."

Sony Ericsson, a joint venture between Japan's Sony and Sweden's Ericsson, decided to use Symbian, Android and Microsoft's Windows Mobile in its high-end phones.

"Our focus is on how can we differentiate from the competitors using the same operating system," said Komiyama.

Sony Ericsson earlier posted a deep loss for the first quarter and said it plans to slash some 2,000 jobs as it looks to return to profit.
Back to top Go down
https://sodfa.forumotion.com

Sony Ericsson Says Android Phone Will Take Time
Page 1 of 1